Advertising: The Truth and Fairy Tales


Series of three public health ads about smoking from early 2008.


Not sure how effective these are against smoking, but the collage work is beautiful and the concept work is sound. The Rapunzel concept is the strongest, in my opinion.


And this one makes me laugh. I don't see those who are worried about impotence responding strongly to this ad. Note that a frog made it into this one, too. A somewhat subtle reference to Frog Prince as well as Cinderella, sexual overtones included?

I sound negative. I really do like the concept and artwork. Would love to see the artist create a picture book... Just not sure if bad breath concerns are a true inspiration for quitting smoking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...