'RHOC' Alexis Bellino Talks About Her Struggle With An Eating Disorder


'Real Housewives of OC' star Alexis Bellino opens up about her ongoing struggle with an eating disorder to Life & Style.

34-year-old Alexis who first made her appearance on the show last season shares her story by saying she remembers the problem first arose around the age of 12, which is also when her parents decided to get divorced.
"Looking back, I think it was my way of controlling something at a time when everything else in my life was out of my control."
She continues to discuss how the issue only got worse when she attended college (University of Missouri - Columbia). Alexis states she felt really heavy and admits to becoming bulimic, throwing up her food on a regular basis. It was around the end of her first marriage in 2002 that she decided to get help.

Alexis now says her weight varies from 118 and 122 pounds but she watches it. She claims her creepy husband, Jim has been a great help and got her to stop counting calories.
"He loves my body. In fact, he says he likes me about 5 pounds heavier."
A typical meal for her is less than 900 calories (insane!) and avoids sweets by pouring salt and pepper all over her dessert so she won't be tempted to eat it.
"I try not to let my weight consume me, but an eating disorder is a lifetime disease," she tells Life & Style. "It cannot be cured, but it doesn't have to be practiced. My goal is to reach other women -- and let them know that they can conquer it."
The new issue of Life & Style hits stands this Friday.

source

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...