We ended up with 12 entries for the December Giveaway: Favorite Fairy Tale Things with a great ending from Pambelina. Thanks to everyone who participated!
In her words:
I debated whether or not to send this email, Heidi. I assumed that everyone loved the same fairy tales that I love and it would be redundant. But with this being the last day I realized that I couldn't sit idly by while some of my favorite fairy tale things were overlooked! So here is my list. (Let me know if you would like me to send specific links, etc.)
1. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale (and the rest of the Bayern series) and Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale. I've loved Ms. Hale's books since the day that The Goose Girl fell on my head at a bookstore where I was looking for a new book (true story).
2. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine and Fairest by Gail Carson Levine. These two books, along with The Goose Girl inspired me to start researching fairy tales and trying my hand at writing my own.
3. Fearless Girls, Wise Women & Beloved Sisters: Heroines in Folktales Around the World edited by Kathleen Ragan with a foreword by Jane Yolen. This exposed me to so many tales that I had never heard before
4. Fairy Tales by James C. Christensen jigsaw puzzle. So hard, but so fun!
5. Any fairy tale figurines by Jim Shore (they're Disney characters, but SO gorgeous).
6. The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry. My ten-year-old niece can't get enough fairy tales (it's my fault, I'm happy to say), so I'm always excited when I find one that's age-appropriate for her. (Heidi's note: This is currently bargain priced in hardcover for $6.80 on Amazon.)
7. The Rumpelstiltskin Problem by Vivian Vande Velde. You've never seen Rumpelstiltskin's story quite like this collection of short stories, all re-imagining the original tale. (Heidi's note: I'd add her Cloaked in Red while we're here!)
8. The gorgeous artwork of Emma SanCartier. (Heidi's note: I didn't have time to research more, just found one book, but I will see about doing a post later.)
9. The Better to Stick to You tape dispenser from shopruche.com.
10. And, for that person who has everything, a Don't Piss off the Fairies yard sign.
Thanks for your blog, I read every day!