'Glee' Star Cory Monteith Admits He Was A Drug Addict


We know him as the hot and sweet Finn from Glee but actor Cory Monteith says he couldn't have been further from the character at 16.

29-year-old Cory spoke openly in an interview with Parade about the fact that he had a troubled past with drugs and alcohol and even went to rehab when  he was 19. 
I’m not Finn Hudson,” Cory tells Parade of her Glee character. “I’m lucky on so many counts — I’m lucky to be alive.
He opened up about him doing "Anything and everything," and says his family finally staged an intervention at the age of 19.
That’s when I first went to rehab,” he reveals. “I did the stint but then went back to doing exactly what I left off doing.
He worked hard at changing his life and eventually moved in with a family friends, quit using drugs and got a job as a roofer.
I don’t want kids to think it’s okay to drop out of school and get high, and they’ll be famous actors, too,” Cory says. “But for those people who might give up: Get real about what you want and go after it. If I can, anyone can.”
I love hearing stories like this...maybe he should go and have a chat to Lindsay Lohan, she need one.

source / photo via

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...